Are You happy with your new Ateca?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Thomas2019

Are You happy with your new Ateca?

Post by Thomas2019 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new Seat Ateca with 1.5 TSI.
May I know, Are owners happy with your new Ateca?

Skoda Karoq as well in the list. Ateca looks cheaper.
Which would be the best selection?

Thank You

BikeBert

Re: Are You happy with your new Ateca?

Post by BikeBert » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I sold my Kodiaq 2.0 TDI and purchased new Ateca 1.4 TSI (didn't want 1.5 after reading all those negative opinions). I had nothing but problems with Kodiaq, during a year of ownership I visited the service 13 times (!) due to many different problems, e.g. dead SOS chip, fried driver door servo motor (could not lock the door for a week until service took the car), no-turbo faults, broken door cards, squeaky plastics, plastic trim peeling off, etc.

So far not one problem with my Ateca, so yes, I'm happy ;)

SCBomorse

Post by SCBomorse » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 am

I spent a month testing every possible SUV in the same class as the Ateca before buying. Nothing came close to the Ateca for looks, kit and the drive.
I could have had the Karoq for the same price (Motability) but the Ateca had so much more kit on it. The dash is angled towards the driver so looks nicer than the Karoq and the Skoda is so boring to look at outside.

The Ateca is still the best handling car in its class. It's lovely to drive, there's hardly anybody roll and even on mine's 19" alloys the ride is confortable and supple.
Ateca 1.6tdi Xcellence Lux DSG in Samoa Orange 8-)

drhandley

Post by drhandley » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:52 am

Love my Ateca I have the 1.5 engine and find it so smooth and quiet I previously had a Diesel so have had to adjust my driving style to avoid what people record as kangarooing or lack of response when using the low gears and it drives like a dream FYI I have manual transmission

Rory

Post by Rory » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:36 pm

BikeBert wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm
I sold my Kodiaq 2.0 TDI and purchased new Ateca 1.4 TSI (didn't want 1.5 after reading all those negative opinions). I had nothing but problems with Kodiaq, during a year of ownership I visited the service 13 times (!) due to many different problems, e.g. dead SOS chip, fried driver door servo motor (could not lock the door for a week until service took the car), no-turbo faults, broken door cards, squeaky plastics, plastic trim peeling off, etc.
Blimey! Which factory is Kodiaq built in? Ateca is assembled at Skoda's Kvasiny factory in the Czech Republic. And of course a lot of parts will be standard VAG stuff.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:53 pm

The Ateca is also built there.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

BikeBert

Post by BikeBert » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:38 pm

It's not about where the car is built. Majority of Kodiaq quality problems were caused by blatant design flaws and cost-cutting policy. Let's be honest, Skoda will never have quality of VW (which itself is far from perfect), it can only pretend be at the same level. Too bad, it had really nice potential. I know many problems have been already addressed but they should never happen in the first place.

First Atecas were also problematic. After few years they amended and improved, hence now better car, aside from that 1.5 engine tuned down due to that WLTP BS.

Matthijs82

Post by Matthijs82 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:53 am

Got mine for 2 months now (just over 3700 miles now) and I love it.
I came from an Audi A3, but don't miss it at all.

The quality is better than I expected so far, time will be the judge in the end.
I love the engine (1.5) in combination with the DSG.

I've got a pretty well equiped Ateca, but the small things that make me happy are the simple things like the electric boot with footswipe, the little cubby in the roof for your sunglasses.

The reason I went for the Ateca over the Skoda Karoq was the FR equipment and the lack of a digital dashboard option for the Skoda.
07-06 ordered: Ateca 1.4 (1.5) TFSI DSG FR Business Intense + virtual cockpit
Production planned for week 42
Delivery 16-11

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:13 pm

You had to wait a long time, I am glad you're pleased with it
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Brenngun

Post by Brenngun » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Test drove both and preferred the slightly sportier drive on the Ateca. Even at top spec level it was cheaper and I know it shouldn't make any difference but I'm from the generation that made up the bad jokes about Skodas so to be fair it would have needed to be significantly better than the Ateca. Two weeks in and really impressed and when VW finally get their finger out and fix the glitch on the 1.5's it'll be even better.
MY19 + 1.5 Evo Man + Xcellence Lux + Petrol Blue

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”