dash cam

All Seat Ateca related discussions
STOGGY

dash cam

Post by STOGGY » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi just Picked up my Ateca xellence tdi, well impressed so far (need a degree to read the handbook ) lol. I need some advice please I have a transcend dash cam that i had in my previous car ( Peugeot 3008 ) I now want to install into my Ateca, i want to run the power lead tucked into my headling and same again tucked down the drivers side windscreen and across under the steering wheel. I wonder has anyone done this, on my peugeot it was easy but the Ateca is a better build quality and the plastic and headliner are made of stronger material.
TIA Phil

Ghiggz

Re: dash cam

Post by Ghiggz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:40 am

yes a few on here inc myself have, there are a few threads already if you search the forum...

found a few...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=357

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=438&p=5024#p5024
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

shent

Post by shent » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:01 pm

I too have just picked up a Ateca and after some searching on here had a go at fitting a hard wire for the dash cam. It took about 20 min in total very easy to do, I ran the wire along the head liner, down the 'A' post then there's a gap under the glove box that hides the wires great. But to be fair about 1HR figuring out how to drop the glove box to access the fuse box the day before without the fear of breaking it LOL. I connected the earth to the torx screw just below the fuses and piggy backed the blue 15 AMP rear wiper fuse.

viewtopic.php?t=706

You can see the Torx screw and the blue 15amp fuse clearly in the tread first picture. :D

Hope this helps in some small way .
Ateca MY19 Nevada white excellence Lux 1.5 TSI EVO 150 PS DSG

Smiffy

Post by Smiffy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:44 pm

There's a hardwiring kit available with the Nextbase range - comes complete with the piggy-back thingy for the rear wiper fuse.

vectra

Post by vectra » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:28 pm

I will be installing my dashcam to my Ateca when it arrives,
Fuse 15 ( rear wiper ) appears to be the switched fuse of choice,
Can someone advise my of fuse size size so I can order a Piggyback holder for the install?
Micro?
Mini?
Normal?
Thanks

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”