I am at breaking point

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Fred99

Re: I am at breaking point

Post by Fred99 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:39 pm

They do outside the UK. Free Mapcare updates for 4 years.

Another example of SEAT UK doing it differently at the customer’s expense!
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Glendia

Post by Glendia » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:26 pm

alexateca2018 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:12 pm
I’ve made this point elsewhere but I paid over £30k for my car and got an out of date sat nav. That’s not fair!
I use my old Tom Tom which is updated FREE every three months.
I think SEAT should update the in-car equipment as regularly and freely .... but they won’t !!
I couldn't agree more, and I have now given up on the inbuilt SATNAV system and use my phone navigation apps via CARPLAY

My current favourite is WAZE but Apple Maps and Google Maps are all far superior systems to the SEAT system. Maps are much more accurate , traffic reports much better and if you use WAZE you can get warnings on speed traps (both static and mobile) and hazards such as potholes , broken down vehicles etc.
Seat Ateca Excellence 1.4 DSG with all the toys

Rory

Post by Rory » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Fred99 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:39 pm
They do outside the UK. Free Mapcare updates for 4 years.
I might be missing something, but they do in the UK too - you just download it from the website.

I haven't tried it for Ateca yet, but I've done if for our Tiguan. I think someone said earlier in the thread the same maps work anyway.

Built-in nav is usually way behind other sources though - it's bound to be as they have to collate all the data and put it together on a fixed schedule, and then stick with that for 6-12 months.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

silent ninja

Post by silent ninja » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:57 pm

I seriously don't understand why car manufacturers bother with creating their own sat nav. They're poor at it, it's not a differentiating factor in any way. Just use an off the shelf solution and update it over the air. Heck use Google.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”