Door not shutting!

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
James33

Door not shutting!

Post by James33 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:54 am

Got a small issue with the passenger side door not shutting properly. Put it down to it been new at 1st but cars 2 weeks old now and drivers side is fine. Unless you give it a really good slam it doesn't latch properly. My wife suffers from joint problems so she's finding it hard.
Was up the dealers twice with it yesterday. 1st time the guy off the service desk come out and looks at it. Showed him the drivers door the the passenger side. He agrees it's not right and takes it to the workshop. 10 minutes later he's back saying it's fine now and they couldn't see anything wrong with it.
Get home and try it and no different so back I go. This time they agree to adjust it so back in the workshop for 20 minutes this time. Says all done and probably just air pressure inside the car so try opening the windows before shutting the doors! Er yeah ok why's it only the passenger door and not exactly practical to wind the windows down every time you shut the door.
Anyway guess what! It's exactly the same. Don't think they did anything to it just left me waiting 20 minutes.
Today's visit should be fun. Cars on motability and I'm going to threaten to reject it if it's not sorted as it's hurting my wife's shoulder and spoiling her enjoyment of going out in it.
2019 Lava Blue SE Tech 1.6tdi.

Phantom

Re: Door not shutting!

Post by Phantom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:34 am

Never have open the windows in mine.
Black 190 DSG Excellence

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:04 pm

our NSR door always plays up when shutting.. unless you really slam it it never shuts properly...
Everyone who gets in or out always has to shut it twice...
Prob just needs the U bolt loosening, door shutting, then tightening, but I never seem to remember,,,
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:07 am

Exactly the same as Ghiggz, NSR door always needs a hefty close and people take two goes at it! Never bothered to get it adjusted.

Sash

Post by Sash » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:22 pm

I have noticed that the Ateca's doors are much heftier than with a Leon.

James33

Post by James33 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:11 am

Not had time to take it back in again. Thinking of just doing myself as not a hard fix.
2019 Lava Blue SE Tech 1.6tdi.

Return to “Faults & Technical”