Ateca MY19 SE Spec

All Seat Ateca related discussions
root-n-5th

Ateca MY19 SE Spec

Post by root-n-5th » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Greetings all,

New to the forum and should have been new to a SEAT Ateca today, but unfortunately there has been some misunderstanding in the spec.

The brochure I got from a dealer 3 weeks ago stated that the model year 2019 SE had an 8 inch touch screen and, perhaps more importantly for us, 2 USB ports in the rear of the car, and that increased spec sold it to us. The new car turned up at a different dealer (due to them having stock, and confirming the spec) yesterday and they confirm that it has a 6.5 inch screen and no USB ports in the rear, and their new brochure they now have states this is correct.

I'm not looking for advice on what to do, as that is down to SEAT and me, and we'll try to sort it out on Monday, but could anyone offer a comparison between the 6.5 inch and 8 inch screen? Is it just smaller, or is it inferior in other ways?

Also, does anyone know if the SE comes with two USB ports up front and the AUX port? I think it comes with everything else we need such as flappy paddles and drive modes (essential in a family car of course).

Hopefully an Ateca owner soon.

Many thanks.

Paul.Cambs

Re: Ateca MY19 SE Spec

Post by Paul.Cambs » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:52 pm

You don't get a new car everyday , shame to be disappointed on day one, I'd be very tempted to say you want what was ordered and see what they come up with

Looks like no Sat~Nav on 6.5 screen !!
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:20 pm

That's very odd. The 11/2018 brochure has correct spec., my SE delivered 1/3/19 matches it. Which brochure edition did you have?
One usb in front.
What do you want the screen to do? There is no satnav but you can display on it from your phone. It's bigger than most stand alone satnavs. Quality seems ok.
I'm amazed that it doesn't have an auto dimming rear mirror.
On the plus side, I'm pleased it has the dual zone climate control which is pretty good.

root-n-5th

Post by root-n-5th » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:27 pm

It was a brochure from feb 2019.

I’m not concerned about sat nav. Is there an aux in?

Thanks.

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:38 pm

The brochure on the website today is Jan 2019 and it is same spec as the Nov one for the SE. I wonder if they did a Feb one with an error and withdrew it? Seems improbable.
Yes there is an aux input.
Actually I don't see rear usb sockets listed for any grade on the Nov brochure.

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:48 pm

Ah, was it actually the price list and spec you looked at not the brochure?
The April one on the website lists the usb sockets for the SE Technology and up but not the SE. In fact so does my Nov price list. All grades except the SE get 8" screen, satnav and rear usb.

root-n-5th

Post by root-n-5th » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Yep, price list, sorry about the confusion. It states, plain as day, that the SE comes with an 8 inch screen and 2 USB ports in the back.

It’s one of those things but it will be sorted. I am perennially unlucky with cars; never, in my entire history of purchases, apart from maybe a Nissan primera, have I bought a car that has been without issue. This is the first new car I have ‘bought’ in 25 years of purchases, and only for a brief moment of delusion did I think it would go without a hitch.

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:10 pm

It would seem there must have been a mistake in the Feb price list then.
You might come out of this rather well...

I've found that Feb price list on a website. Not only is it as you say, it lists a CD player too.
Unfortunately I ordered mine in January :evil:

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:25 am

Roor-n-5th wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:50 pm
It states, plain as day, that the SE comes with an 8 inch screen and 2 USB ports in the back.
Never ever go by what a brochure says.

Paraphrased in every brochure from every manufacturer, that Ateca brochure also states:

"SEAT is committed to a policy of continuous product development and reserves the right to make changes to specifications, colours and prices without notice. The information in this brochure can therefore be given as guidance only. While SEAT makes every effort to ensure that specifications are accurate at the time of publication, you should always check with your authorised SEAT Partner for the latest information."

Hope you get things sorted out.

root-n-5th

Post by root-n-5th » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:02 am

Thanks, I did read that bit and checked with my authorised SEAT partner before ordering.

I'm surprised it has come with seats and wheels so I'm not doing too badly. I'll see what tomorrow brings.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”