Ateca MY19 SE Spec

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Rory

Re: Ateca MY19 SE Spec

Post by Rory » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:25 am
.....you should always check with your authorised SEAT Partner for the latest information."
May not help even then as dealers are usually clueless - of course not totally their fault but they get so used to not knowing stuff that they ignore things they're told. Our Ateca came without Full-Link - dealer had been told but they hadn't read the bulletin, so it had to go back at significant inconvenience to be programmed in.

We didn't buy a Ford once as they couldn't be sure what the spec would be - apparently Ford doesn't just have model years, they have model quarters, so you get 2019.25 etc cars. Salesman said they just wait and see what turns up.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

root-n-5th

Post by root-n-5th » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Picked up the Ateca yesterday. Lovely lava blue that looks different in every light.

Accepted a compensation deal from SEAT that was more than they usually give so overall fairly happy. We will invent some method of getting USB ports in the back using the 12v socket, and the smaller screen is fine for what we need. iPhone connects well and it’s like science fiction compared to our old Volvo.

Still running in so taking it very easy but the drive seems refined and stable and performance is ok. It will take some getting used to the auto stop function and I might disable the hill hold thing as it gets a bit sticky when setting off.

I put the steering on “sport “ and engine on eco and it’s still way too light for me but will be fine for a family car. There isn’t much feel there but I’m not exactly pushing it to its limit.

Overall I think it will be good.

FrAteca

Post by FrAteca » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:28 am

Personally I would not take the car if that is the spec they have given you..I was looking at the se tech before the FR and it definelty had the 8" display with front and rear usb ports. Sounds like they have fucked up somewhere when specing yours

root-n-5th

Post by root-n-5th » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:38 am

Very happy with the spec now to be honest. I shy away from too many toys and this still has loads. I learned to drive in the eighties so a 4 speed fan, intermittent wash wipe and an fm radio are still considered luxury items to me.

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Well done. That was an odd mistake for them to make in the p/l for one month.
What do you want rear usb sockets for? I can't think what one would do with them. Unless it's just for charging things.

root-n-5th

Post by root-n-5th » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:01 pm

Kid’s iPads on long journeys. I’ll be happy with my fix when I put a 3 port in the back running off the 12v. The screen size is fine and the google maps from the phone is brilliant.

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:04 am

When was the car you took delivery off actually built? It cold have been sitting around fo a while.
Black 190 DSG Excellence

Mickyb

Post by Mickyb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:03 pm

There was an error in the pricelist which was different than the online configurator.

I initially got excited I might get the 8" screen but it came with the 6.5" version. Not really a problem Google maps through carplay is brilliant much better than the Garmin satnav.

You get 1usb and 1 aux in the front but none in the back. I think the 8" screen might have gesture control which I think is a bit gimmicky.

The other reason I chose the SE is because the 17" wheels give a more comfortable ride.

If you were promised an 8" screen etc. Might be a chance to get some extra hoodies from the dealer.

The only thing I would have liked on the SE was a DAB radio, you only get AM/FM.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”