No Rear Camera

All Seat Ateca related discussions
AndyM

No Rear Camera

Post by AndyM » Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi All,

My first post here, so grateful for any help.

I ordered an FR Sport in January and it has been delivered today. I'm really happy with it, except it has no rear camera. I'm 99.99% sure that when I ordered it the rear camera was part of the spec for the FR Sport. This was one of the reasons I ordered this model as I find it a very useful feature to have. I've looked on the website and see that it is now not part of the spec. Has anyone else had this issue? Can I get Seat to fit a camera as technically I've not got the car that I ordered?

Thanks,

Andy.

Devonian

Re: No Rear Camera

Post by Devonian » Mon May 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Looking at the Model Year 19 equipment list found here, the rear-view camera is only standard in Xcellence and Lux trim.

AndyM

Post by AndyM » Mon May 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi, yeah I'm aware of that, but it was part of the spec when I ordered it...

Barnold71

Post by Barnold71 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 pm

I think several people have had the same issue & there are various threads on the subject, e.g.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2897&hilit=Rear+camera

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Mon May 13, 2019 6:46 pm

The link which @Devonian provided above is dated October 2018 in the weblink
https://web1.seat.co.uk/sites/default/f ... t_ra_file/ateca-pricelist-october-2018.pdf
So if you ordered in Janauary 2019 it wasn't in the spec surely?

EDIT: The December 2017 pricelist did include it and as I recall it was those vehicles which some received without a camera which Seat have and are still retro-fitting (due to technical faults) for free
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

AndyM

Post by AndyM » Mon May 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Thanks Bedlam, it was definitely on the website as I wouldn't have got that model if it wasn't available.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Mon May 13, 2019 11:33 pm

Can only suggest you refer it back to the dealer (and Seat Customer Services) to advise you feel you have been deceived/mis-sold or whatever
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

GrahamE

Post by GrahamE » Tue May 14, 2019 10:41 pm

I had the same issue with an FR I ordered in June '18. The rear camera was in the brochure and in the example in the showroom but when it was delivered in December '18 the rear camera was missing. Oh and the 1.4 TSI had become a 1.5 TSI. The dealer failed to mention either, and didn't even see there might be a problem! (I ordered the Ateca over the Karoq in part because the 1.4TSI drove better than the 1.5TSI IMO)
SEAT UK fitted the rear camera after a 3 month wait. There was an incompatibility between the MY19 car software and the camera firmware, so they had to get the camera firmware updated.
If I'm honest, it's OK but not as good as the examples I'm used to on hire cars in the US. The rearward facing guidelines on the screen don't relate to anything, they aren't the width of the car or the average parking bay. They also don't curve if you turn the steering to indicate where you are likely to end up.
I have a MY18 and MY19 brochure and it's not in the MY19 brochure until you get to Xcellence or above.
Seat Ateca 1.5 TSI EVO FR DSG in Velvet Red. 19" wheels and heated front screen.

vectra

Post by vectra » Wed May 15, 2019 1:54 am

I had to add camera to my order recently on an FR sport.

CheeseR

Post by CheeseR » Wed May 15, 2019 1:13 pm

The lines do curve on mine, could it be that we have different cameras fitted, or is it just part of the 360 camera?
SEAT Ateca 1.4 EcoTSI DSG Xcellence Waive in cappuccino beige MY18
Sunroof, NAVI, Top view camera, ACC, Winter pack, Drive assist pack 2.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”