drive Mode resets to everyday after a re-started out engine

All Seat Ateca related discussions
hardus77

drive Mode resets to everyday after a re-started out engine

Post by hardus77 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:21 am

Hello everyone,

is this correct?

So, i choose both ECO or sports mode for a experience (the usage of the flip dial in centre column), then do this trip, with the best mild lit up on the centre dial.

flip off the engine, do a new experience, the mild at the centre column is on, say, ECO, but the automobile is in ordinary gear mode.???

Its now not a huge trouble, however an annoying one, you believe you studied your in ECO as in keeping with the mild, but the car is without a doubt using in everyday.

I reset the centre dial every journey lower back to regular so i understand for the subsequent journey wherein the automobile is actually set to.....

is that this a fault or correct?

Any help will be appreciated!

leWrat

Re: drive Mode resets to everyday after a re-started out engine

Post by leWrat » Fri May 17, 2019 1:05 pm

From another thread in this topic:
leWrat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:29 pm
If anyone is interested, I have had a response from Seat re. why D/normal is selected on startup, I have copied it below together with my response:
With regard to your case, we inform you that, due to homologation regulations that we are obliged to comply with, the cars have to start in "normal" mode.

This operation is specified in the manual of the car and obeys to the need to comply with the WLTP regulations, that require the cars always start with the approved values.

In the past, with the NEFC regulation, it was possible to start the car with equal or lower values, but the WLTP regulation is more restrictive, and in order to comply with it, all the brands of the Volkswagen Group (VW, SKODA, AUDI and SEAT) have agreed to start the car with the features of the last selected driving mode but with the motor and the gear on the normal mode.

In addition, we have sent a copy of your query to our Importer in your country, SEAT UK, responsible for sales and after sales matters in the United Kingdom, and whose contact details are as follows:

My response, which has/will almost certainly make no difference, especially as it is only my opinion:
Thank you for your response.
I am not stating that the car should not start in “normal” mode but that the Driving profile dial should also change, on start-up, to show the “normal” profile/mode and for the “normal” driving profile in its entirety to be active/selected. Otherwise the engine and the gear will match the “normal” profile and the other driving profile properties will reflect the previously selected profile, i.e. the car is in a mixed up profile that is not reflected in the Driving profile dial selection.

I believe that it is clearer and more intuitive that the car always starts in the entire “normal” profile and that the Driving profile dial displays the “normal” profile as selected.
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

foz

Post by foz » Fri May 17, 2019 6:08 pm

My car stays in selected mode.
2019 Lava Blue 1.5 TSi DSG 4Drive Xcellence

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Fri May 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Foz, are you sure, the dial will be lit the same but in center console you should see that (for example) Eco E1/2/etc has returned to Drive D1/2/etc
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

foz

Post by foz » Fri May 17, 2019 7:32 pm

I'm sure. Probably it depends on country. Maybe any other non-UK forum readers can confirm this?
2019 Lava Blue 1.5 TSi DSG 4Drive Xcellence

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm

It’s the same in Spain, and probably for the WLTP reasons mentioned which apply across Europe.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

tmehanna

Post by tmehanna » Fri May 17, 2019 11:32 pm

Not sure about later revisions of the Ateca, but my '18 (Oct 2017) build defaults to Normal after an ignition restart though the dial stays in whatever mode selected before ignition switch off. Though annoying, this was normal behavior for the car and explicitly mentioned in the Owner's Manual.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”