1.5 engine software updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Rory

Re: Rejecting car after outright purchase.

Post by Rory » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:28 am

Paramop05 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 am
.....my dealership refused to accept my car had issues and has since closed as a Seat dealership,
Does the company you bought it off still exist? If it was owned by a larger group or the garage is still trading in the same name then you should be OK, but if it was Xxxxx Seat Ltd and they've ceased trading or been wound up then you'll be a bit stuck.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Paramop05

Re: 1.5 engine software updates

Post by Paramop05 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Yes the company still exists Lookers plc big company with there own lawyers.

Golfmk56

Re: Rejecting car after outright purchase.

Post by Golfmk56 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Paramop05 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 am
...that I purchased back in October 2018 and payed for in full still suffers from the Kangaroo issue after having a software update in June 2019 ,stalling and flat spot issues resolved.
My question is has any owners rejected there car after lodging a claim to reject the car within 6 months of purchase my dealership refused to accept my car had issues and has since closed as a Seat dealership, had to go to another Seat dealerships to have software update.
My next option is to take legal action which I am now in the process of doing ,any information from other owners that have successfully rejected there vehicles would be greatly appreciated.
I went down the rejection route with a previous car but found selling it the much cheaper and less stressful option.

From what I've learned and from what you've said I don't think you stand a chance, the reason being you lodged a claim within 6 months but you continued to use the car. The law will see that as you accepting the car and the fault not serious enough for rejection. The correct procedure should have been lodge a claim rejecting the car and not to drive it again.

I'm sure you're thinking " but I needed transport ". Nobody said rejection was easy. It's 'relatively' easy in the first month, it becomes more difficult in the next 5 months but after that it's neigh impossible. Yes you can continue legal action and yes you may win - my problem was 'may' is not good enough, for the money it'd have cost me it would have needed to be a guaranteed win.

Sorry if that disappoints.

Paramop05

Post by Paramop05 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Yes I understand what you are saying about using the car ,but if it’s the only car that you have there is no other option.
When the dealership ( the experts) do not acknowledge the fault exists, and Seat customer Support say the car is not dangerous to drive and will not provide a loan car there is no other option.
I am assuming your attempt at rejection was for the Kangerooing ,flat spot ,stalling issues ?

GRS18

Post by GRS18 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 pm

I had my car serviced yesterday and had requested that the engine issue be looked at again (third time). When the software was updated in June, it cured the warm engine stalling issue. As the colder mornings have occurred, the cold starting stalling issue had become noticeable and annoying. The engine was updated with what I was told “is the latest software release that only became available on 15 November”. From my first cold morning today, and a cold start tonight, it is looking like the issue has finally been sorted. Overall the engine also appears smoothly and more even in its power delivery. Obviously only 24 hours but hopefully this is more than a first impression.
Nevada White 1.5 TSI EVO Xcellence, Space Saver Wheel, Boot Floor Mat, Rear Bumper Protection, Aftermarket Double Boot floor.

Return to “Faults & Technical”