Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

All Seat Ateca related discussions
User avatar
wiz2003
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by wiz2003 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:45 pm

Yes, Seat UK have capitulated - possibly due to the intervention by the Seat Executive!

If you want the latest Maps for your Satnav, Mapcare costs £350 and is available to order for certain models from your Seat dealer now.
There is, as you would expect, a waiting list so orders will be on backorder....
Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, 18", Lava Blue, Seat sound, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack, Towbar.
Electric front seat not available.
Ordered on the 05/09/2016
Collected on the 04/11/2016


Fred99
Posts: 1377
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Granada, Spain

Re: Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by Fred99 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Wow! Another amazing bargain from SEAT UK. In Europe you get 4 years of Mapcare free!
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.


alexateca2018
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Re: Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by alexateca2018 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:50 pm

Hello wiz2003. This is interesting and I will investigate. I did get in touch with the CEO as you suggested and have had replies and some offers. My car goes in for its first service next week so I will ask at the dealer's in advance.
What response did you get?
Ateca 2L Petrol Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Rhodium Grey, Collected June 2018, (Extras: Heated windscreen and spare wheel)


User avatar
wiz2003
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Re: Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by wiz2003 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 pm

alexateca2018 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:50 pm
Hello wiz2003. This is interesting and I will investigate. I did get in touch with the CEO as you suggested and have had replies and some offers. My car goes in for its first service next week so I will ask at the dealer's in advance.
What response did you get?
Hi Alexateca2018

I managed to get hold of the latest SD card, but was not happy as it was only version 0910 or 0915, plus it took the dealer more than 30 minutes to program the system - crazy when it is just a satnav update - cannot see how the dealer will make any money..
So I wrote to Seat again about this, whole experience, as the process caused a problem with my phone for a while - mysteriously fixing itself after an hour.

It took a while to get a reply, which read

Further, to your feedback, I am pleased to inform you that Mapcare is now available to SEAT UK Customers. SEAT Mapcare is available for selected SEAT models including the 2017 SEAT Ateca XCELLENCE. SEAT MapCare provides our customers with the SEAT activation codes required to enjoy map updates for three years. Please be aware that you will need to visit a SEAT Dealership to programme the Mapcare package to your navigation system before code can be used.

So the next task is to persuade them to include this with the car......
It is progress...

The dealer have ordered the feature, but it is on backorder....
Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, 18", Lava Blue, Seat sound, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack, Towbar.
Electric front seat not available.
Ordered on the 05/09/2016
Collected on the 04/11/2016


User avatar
wiz2003
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Re: Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by wiz2003 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 pm

Fred99 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 pm
Wow! Another amazing bargain from SEAT UK. In Europe you get 4 years of Mapcare free!
Hi Fred99
Yep - we always get fleeced in the UK...
Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, 18", Lava Blue, Seat sound, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack, Towbar.
Electric front seat not available.
Ordered on the 05/09/2016
Collected on the 04/11/2016


alexateca2018
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Re: Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by alexateca2018 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:08 pm

wiz2003 "So the next task is to persuade them to include this with the car......
It is progress... "

Or retrospectively!!!!
I'll let you know how I get on.
Ateca 2L Petrol Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Rhodium Grey, Collected June 2018, (Extras: Heated windscreen and spare wheel)


Fred99
Posts: 1377
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:11 pm
Location: Granada, Spain

Re: Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by Fred99 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 pm

wiz2003 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 pm
Fred99 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 pm
Wow! Another amazing bargain from SEAT UK. In Europe you get 4 years of Mapcare free!
Hi Fred99
Yep - we always get fleeced in the UK...
I just don’t understand why! The situation about specs and options is crazy. They are removing almost all choice from their customers. Clearly it is not a WLTP problem as in the EU the availability of a large choice of options has not changed significantly since I bought mine over 2 years ago.

I would love to hear their comments on this.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.


User avatar
wiz2003
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Re: Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by wiz2003 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 pm

alexateca2018 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:08 pm
wiz2003 "So the next task is to persuade them to include this with the car......
It is progress... "

Or retrospectively!!!!
I'll let you know how I get on.
Good luck..
It has taken me 2 years and more than 10 calls to get to this point....
Thank you..
Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, 18", Lava Blue, Seat sound, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack, Towbar.
Electric front seat not available.
Ordered on the 05/09/2016
Collected on the 04/11/2016


User avatar
wiz2003
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Re: Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by wiz2003 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:13 pm

Fred99 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 pm
wiz2003 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 pm
Fred99 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 pm
Wow! Another amazing bargain from SEAT UK. In Europe you get 4 years of Mapcare free!
Hi Fred99
Yep - we always get fleeced in the UK...
I just don’t understand why! The situation about specs and options is crazy. They are removing almost all choice from their customers. Clearly it is not a WLTP problem as in the EU the availability of a large choice of options has not changed significantly since I bought mine over 2 years ago.

I would love to hear their comments on this.
I would not hold your breath - I sense a load of inane drivel will be what you get....

I would love to be proved wrong, though ...
Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, 18", Lava Blue, Seat sound, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack, Towbar.
Electric front seat not available.
Ordered on the 05/09/2016
Collected on the 04/11/2016


Rory
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Get your Mapcare in the UK Now!

Post by Rory » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Fred99 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 pm
I just don’t understand why! The situation about specs and options is crazy. They are removing almost all choice from their customers. Clearly it is not a WLTP problem as in the EU the availability of a large choice of options has not changed significantly since I bought mine over 2 years ago.
There's an easy solution - buy one of the half-a-dozen other similar SUVs from elsewhere in VAG. Or buy something else altogether.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate


Post Reply

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”