Ateca with Cross over styling pack and side steps

12K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  coleman keith 
#1 ·
[ Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

At last the waiting is over

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I agree, they are ugly. Far better to fit the long silver mouldings that fit into the plastic mouldings. The front moulding looks good - I considered it, but it was unjustifiably expensive.

#6 ·
Hey, each to their own :) I like them and it's very different to all others. The delivery guy was very impressed with it. He said he delivers lots of these and loved the different look of this one.

#9 ·
Perhaps if it was colour coordinated it would look better but the contrast makes the add ons look like they were intended for another vehicle altogether.

The rear bumper looks like it's been made by the Blue Peter team from a couple of old cornflake boxes and sprayed silver.

#10 ·
Each to their own but it's not for me.
I can't see why they need side steps as they're not that high to start with, on a Range Rover or XC90 yes but not on a jacked up Leon.
As long as the owner is happy that's all that counts though.

#11 ·
boristhebold said:
..and I'm the opposite. Can't see the point of side steps on a car that isn't that much taller than a standard car. Too much like a 'wannabe' 4 x 4
I think it helps with small children, elderly and people who may have some physical challenges. I am having them installed for the grand kids.

But not the SEAT OEM ones that are £475 supplied fitting is extra, whereas non OEM ones are £350 fitted.

#12 ·
coleman keith said:
Hey, each to their own :) I like them and it's very different to all others. The delivery guy was very impressed with it. He said he delivers lots of these and loved the different look of this one.
I think it looks good, I would have added the fog light moulding too, it completes look, i considered adding the kit but £1200+vat is a bit steep,

#13 ·
The fog light surrounds were added but the supplying lease company missed them off. These have now been added along with rear mudflaps which improved the look from the back. I was very lucky its a company car so I don't have to find the extra other than raising the on the road price that I will be taxed on so it's a small price to pay compared to buying outright

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.