Price increase

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Jonesy

Price increase

Post by Jonesy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:43 pm

The Seat website seems to be showing a price increase of about £500 per model (but not yet shown on the configurator)

Possibly due to MY20 spec changes ?

Furion

Re: Price increase

Post by Furion » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:48 pm

Ordered mine on the mobility scheme, 27June, mobility price went up £300 on 01 July, it won’t effect my order but yes I agree most likely due to MY20, but I’ve not heard of any changes to the spec, i will ask dealer when I am out that way next.
Furion
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic, Spare Wheel Kit, Electric Seats, Side Bars
Current: Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 MY11

Jonesy

Post by Jonesy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:31 am

Hi Furion,

I note you have ordered in “black magic”

I believe there is a change to this colour which becomes “crystal black” as part of my20.

Might be worth just clarifying when you next speak to your dealer.

Furion

Post by Furion » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi Jonesy,

Will do, thanks, I gotta make a visit to the dealer to confirm he has added electric seats and will have a look on their configurator
Furion
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic, Spare Wheel Kit, Electric Seats, Side Bars

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:56 pm

Furion wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:48 pm
... but I’ve not heard of any changes to the spec, i will ask dealer when I am out that way next.
I'm sure if like me, current owners will have had an email from SEAT today inviting them to 'think about another' SEAT Ateca as the latest models have 'clever tech and iconic design'. So you click on the link and you're taken to a webpage where... well it's the same bloody car as I already have.

Typical of SEAT not to give any information away. However looking at Autocar magazine, there is an artcle that SEAT 'have overhauled their entired UK range with new infotainment and safety features'.

"The best-selling Ateca SUV features the biggest change, with an upgraded 8in infotainment system now coming as standard in place of the old 6.5in screen used previously."

Well there's you first piece of bull5hit as most models already came with an 8" screen. I'm assuming this means the screen will change slightly to mimmick those which has been available in SKODAs for the past two years.

"SE, FR and Xcellence trim levels gain extra USB ports for rear occupants to charge their devices, and interior trim panels have been refreshed for a more premium feel. Seat's Dynamic Chassis Control adaptive suspension system is also now available on Xcellence trimmed models."

That's different. So for the £10,000 it'll cost me to upgrade to the clever tech, I'm to gain two USB ports. Of course if I replace my current Xcellence, I'll loose equipment that SEAT have since dropped.

As upgrades / face lifts or whatever goes, it seems a non- event. Wonder if they've made Jungle Green available again or is that something else that's unique about the car I currently drive?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... tions-2019

Uggzy2014

Post by Uggzy2014 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:50 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:56 pm
Furion wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:48 pm
... but I’ve not heard of any changes to the spec, i will ask dealer when I am out that way next.
I'm sure if like me, current owners will have had an email from SEAT today inviting them to 'think about another' SEAT Ateca as the latest models have 'clever tech and iconic design'. So you click on the link and you're taken to a webpage where... well it's the same bloody car as I already have.

Typical of SEAT not to give any information away. However looking at Autocar magazine, there is an artcle that SEAT 'have overhauled their entired UK range with new infotainment and safety features'.

"The best-selling Ateca SUV features the biggest change, with an upgraded 8in infotainment system now coming as standard in place of the old 6.5in screen used previously."

Well there's you first piece of bull5hit as most models already came with an 8" screen. I'm assuming this means the screen will change slightly to mimmick those which has been available in SKODAs for the past two years.

"SE, FR and Xcellence trim levels gain extra USB ports for rear occupants to charge their devices, and interior trim panels have been refreshed for a more premium feel. Seat's Dynamic Chassis Control adaptive suspension system is also now available on Xcellence trimmed models."

That's different. So for the £10,000 it'll cost me to upgrade to the clever tech, I'm to gain two USB ports. Of course if I replace my current Xcellence, I'll loose equipment that SEAT have since dropped.

As upgrades / face lifts or whatever goes, it seems a non- event. Wonder if they've made Jungle Green available again or is that something else that's unique about the car I currently drive?

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... tions-2019
It makes far more sense to keep your current Ateca, every year the price goes up while the included features list goes down.

Makes no sense to swap just to drive around a new reg plate on the same car model. Keep the car and run it until it starts to look outdated then sell on and use the money to buy something new where you are getting more bang for buck.

PCP is good to get into a car you can't otherwise afford but after end of term agreement its more cost effective to refinance the baloon over 3-5 years on HP rather than swap it. Your payments will drop significantly and you might find you have more equity in the vehicle, so more deposit for new car if you decide to sell.
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 Eco TSI, Rodium Grey, 19" Machined Alloys, Xcellence Pack, Double Boot Floor & Silver Side Skirt Trims. Ordered 21/02/2017, left factory 26/04/2017, collected May 2017.

Furion

Post by Furion » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:46 am

Jonesy wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:31 am
Hi Furion,

I note you have ordered in “black magic”

I believe there is a change to this colour which becomes “crystal black” as part of my20.

Might be worth just clarifying when you next speak to your dealer.
Crystal black is an addition to the existing colours, the brochure shows available for FR & FRS only.
Furion

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:56 am

Or better still wait for the proper facelift next year!

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/seat/atec ... -on-camera
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”