SEAT Store Lakeside Shopping Centre

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Furion

SEAT Store Lakeside Shopping Centre

Post by Furion » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:23 am

Has anyone had experience with SEAT Lakeside shopping centre Thurrock. SEAT have a shop in the main mall with a couple of cars in the showroom, there is an experience centre where you can test drive cars including a Cupra Ateca in Rodium Grey . BUT I don’t think they have a service department, has anyone used this dealer for a service ?
Furion
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic, Spare Wheel Kit, Electric Seats, Side Bars
Current: Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 MY11

Golfmk56

Re: SEAT Store Lakeside Shopping Centre

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:57 am

According to SEAT website, Lakeside is sales only.

RichardJ5

Post by RichardJ5 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Bought mine there as they had exactly what I wanted in stock so no months of waiting, experience was great, very helpful, nothing to much trouble. Everything else has been carried out by my local dealer without any issue, including replacing a broken switch 2 days after I bought it, no issues at all.

Furion

Post by Furion » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:11 pm

RichardJ5 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:35 pm
Bought mine there as they had exactly what I wanted in stock so no months of waiting, experience was great, very helpful, nothing to much trouble. Everything else has been carried out by my local dealer without any issue, including replacing a broken switch 2 days after I bought it, no issues at all.
My nearest dealer is WJ King in Sidcup, it’s not far just pain to get to from this side of the river.

Lakeside do have a good stock of cars and no doubt with MY20 round the corner there will be some deals to be had with the MY19 stock.

I haven’t got a build date for mine yet, last Monday I asked them to add electric seats and read this week on the forum it may be standard fit for MY20.

What I am finding a little frustrating is if you ask them to add an accessory, i asked them about side steps, they can’t fit them only supply (£475) so i would have to go somewhere else, Sidcup in my case to have them fitted, expensive for side steps, I was thinking they would be around £350ish fitted, I can live without them.
Furion
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic, Spare Wheel Kit, Electric Seats, Side Bars

xm657

Post by xm657 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:21 pm

As I live very close to Lakeside I looked at this place, and even had a test drive from them. But in the end found a much better deal elsewhere. I think its a convenience thing, prices a little more, but saves you travelling as no SEAT dealer close by.

mysti77

Post by mysti77 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:36 pm

I originally went to Lakeside Seat, it’s only 20 mins from home. Then found a much better deal at JCB Ashford so got my car there, the hour drive home was great. I’ve since had two issues, had to go to Sidcup within the first month for breaks that wouldn’t stop squeaking and I didn’t want to diy in case my diy didn’t fix the issue and I get blamed. I’m going again next week because of kangarooing and high revs in second gear. It’s a pain to go to, I wish there was a seat authorised garage nearer
Ateca 1.5 TSI EVO Xcellence Lux DSG - Rodium Grey (collected March 2019)

Furion

Post by Furion » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:18 am

mysti77 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:36 pm
I originally went to Lakeside Seat, it’s only 20 mins from home. Then found a much better deal at JCB Ashford so got my car there, the hour drive home was great. I’ve since had two issues, had to go to Sidcup within the first month for breaks that wouldn’t stop squeaking and I didn’t want to diy in case my diy didn’t fix the issue and I get blamed. I’m going again next week because of kangarooing and high revs in second gear. It’s a pain to go to, I wish there was a seat authorised garage nearer
Same here, Lakeside is 20 mins from home and i will end up going to Sidcup too, how have you found them to be? the reviews are a bit if a mixed bag
Furion

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”