Bluetooth and full link problem

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mdalprato

Re: Bluetooth and full link problem

Post by Mdalprato » Thu May 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Really ?
I need to contact mine ... if it's true and if it solved the issue it's a great news !

Mdalprato

Post by Mdalprato » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:33 am

Allan_Ravn wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:14 pm
I've just been notified by the danish seat importer that an update for the infotainment system has have been made available. that fixes the problem with navigation and bluetooth (and some menu items) not working intermittently when starting the car, resulting in having to press and hold the radios powerbutton intill it restarts. I'm booked for the update june 3 - keeping my fingers crossed that the update will fix this annoying issue!
Any news ?
Did the update solved ?
Firmware number ?

Allan_Ravn

Post by Allan_Ravn » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:07 am

Mdalprato wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:33 am
Any news ?
Did the update solved ?
Firmware number ?
i got the update yesterday, it took the dealership 2 days to get it updated in coorporation with the danish Seat importer Semler. So far i've noticed that the build in navigation and bluetooth connection starts much faster when turning on the ignition.

It's to early to say that the problem with having to restart the infotainment system is solved, but i havent had to yet (with 10-15 ignitions so far) before the update i would have to restart the infotainment system roughly every 2-3 i started the car.
Seat Ateca Xcellence 1.5 DSG Digital cockpit

Mdalprato

Post by Mdalprato » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:17 am

Thanks cool, thanks a lot :)
Sorry for bothing you but can you just tell me which is the new firmware version ?
In Italy the dealer didn't gave to me any new update so far ...

Allan_Ravn

Post by Allan_Ravn » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 am

Mdalprato wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:17 am
Sorry for bothing you but can you just tell me which is the new firmware version ?
I'm currently on the job, but i'll upload images of the updated version numbers when I get home :)

Mdalprato

Post by Mdalprato » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:35 am

Allan_Ravn wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:26 am
Mdalprato wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:17 am
I'm currently on the job, but i'll upload images of the updated version numbers when I get home :)
Suuuppper.
Thanks and have a great day :)

Allan_Ravn

Post by Allan_Ravn » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:40 am

Mdalprato wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:35 am
Suuuppper.

Mdalprato

Post by Mdalprato » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 am

Allan_Ravn wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:40 am
Mdalprato wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:35 am
Suuuppper.
Thanks !!
How is it working ?
Any issue anymore ?

Skoobydu

Post by Skoobydu » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi, do you know if Seat update the Infotainment system firmware as part of a service (if one is available) or is it a by request only?

FrIbizaday

Post by FrIbizaday » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:06 pm

Hello everyone!

I hadn't really searched for answers to this issue, putting it down as a software interface thing.

I mentioned it at my first service, Ibiza FR+ at about a year old. They did a restart of the infotainment bix in the glove box. "That will have sorted it!" they cheerfully informed me. Except I had one of the 2 issues I get happen as I left their car park. Plugging in the phone sometimes leads to screen pixelation - practically all black, can't control the infotainment on screen.

My other issue used to stem from plugging the phone in before the "map view" screen had loaded on my dash display. If I did that, "starting full link" would never clear and the phone icon dropped from the car menu. Similar was described early in this thread.

So, my dealership contact SEAT - there's a software patch... I took it back, the updated the software. On collection, I plugged in early, it worked straight away. The mapping also loaded much quicker... But on the drive home, the pixelated screen jumped back in...

So, a phone call or two saw me taking it back on Friday, to have a new infotainment screen fitted. I was told by my dealer that this was the recommended fix. On the way, the Android Auto not only froze, but it locked the car's SatNav (not the full link nav) at my home address. I left the car with them, updating them with the new symptoms.

When I got home, the dealer called (different guy, the guy I'd dealt with to now is on holiday) and said a 28 June SEAT Technical Note advised NOT to change screens, this is a known Android Auto fault, not a car fault. If any repairs are conducted, it's at dealer expense...

So I have a 12 month old car, for which Full Link was a major selling point, except it only works properly about half the time. I'm now waiting for "my" servicing guy to return to discuss options, because it feels like SEAT washing their hands.

I have reinstalled AAuto and will try plugging in before starting the car, but I'm not hopeful. Without Full Link, it's a bit like having to revert from CD to Cassette...