Ceramic coating dilemma

The place to discuss everything else..
Yanhow1

Re: Ceramic coating dilemma

Post by Yanhow1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Hyeresman wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:40 pm
If it was the dealer that invoiced you for this service, send them a 7 day letter by recorded delivery requesting the certificate or a full refund. Say that if they fail on either request then you'll issue a county court summons without further notice. If still no response, then issue county court proceedings for the cost of the service charged, your legal expenses and any other costs you have legitimately incurred. Fairly straightforward nowadays as applications can now be done on line.
Well !
I called auto protect today to ask if they could test my car to prove their product was not coating my car,
After taking my details and listening to my plight they said they would have a rep call me to arrange the test.

I sat down to draft a letter as advised and asked my wife to send it recorded when I suddenly got a call form my salesman apologising for not getting back to me, it was apparently because they hadn’t blah blah blah, but they had just realised a mistake had been made and the product was not applied and “reasons”,
He then asked me if I would like my car to be coated or did I want a full refund,
I took the refund.

They’d obviously had a stern phone call from auto protect, no car dealer would just admit a mistake so easily.

Job done, thanks people
Ordered 29/7, lava blue X lux 2.0TDI 150ps DSG 4Drive, b/w39.

vectra

Post by vectra » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:07 pm

result
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

KerryB

Post by KerryB » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Great!
Lava Blue Ateca 2.0 Tdi (150) Excellence Lux DSG 4Drive, ordered 20th July 2019 (week 29) with an estimated 4 month delivery date. Update: Built Week 40; estimated ready for collection from dealer by 18/10 (week 42), i.e. 12 weeks from ordering.

MBM

Post by MBM » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:17 pm

do a wetcoat yourself after each carwash and you are fine.
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc.
Denmark.

elevenses

Post by elevenses » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:34 pm

No.

Watched car after car depart the dealership with a £300 product applied, and none of them lookeed any different after a year from the bog standard untreated ones. They all got dirty just the same, required valeting just the same and got stone chipped and marked just as easily.

It's a great profit centre though, with the product being applied in an hour or two to a new car, and costing the dealership under
£100. Just watch the mugs pull out their credit cards when they were told it would last up to three years.

It never did. Barely more than 6 months at best....

Your money my friend, do what you want with it.

boristhebold

Post by boristhebold » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:19 pm

And to all on here...before a car salesman/woman tries to sell you tyre protection, paint protection, GAP insurance etc; take a minute and get your phone out. See what these products can be had for and counter the salesman/womans offer with what you can actually get the identical product for....or tell them 'Thanks, but no thanks'.

vectra

Post by vectra » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:06 am

elevenses wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:34 pm
No.

Watched car after car depart the dealership with a £300 product applied
, and none of them lookeed any different after a year from the bog standard untreated ones. They all got dirty just the same, required valeting just the same and got stone chipped and marked just as easily.

It's a great profit centre though, with the product being applied in an hour or two to a new car, and costing the dealership under
£100.
Just watch the mugs pull out their credit cards when they were told it would last up to three years.

It never did. Barely more than 6 months at best....

Your money my friend, do what you want with it.
And right there is the reason for your confusion,
Dealer applied means "slap it on"
Also, you seem to be so knowledgeable on ceramic coatings, again you are confused and ignorant to what they are,

1) they do not protect against chip marks and never did I see one to state that they do,

2) as for none of them looking any better after a year, Did you perhaps do a follow up on the maintenance wash procedure those particular cars got?

I don't think so,
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

elevenses

Post by elevenses » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 am

I was in the motor trade for over 35 years, latterly as a buyer for Mercedes Benz.

As I said....your cash, your call, you know best...

Yanhow1

Post by Yanhow1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:09 am

The things is , I would have loved to have the product I was being sold,
I just wish I had looked closer into it before buying,
The salesman made out there was a lifetime guarantee on this product so it sounded great,
turns out it’s the lifetime of the ownership of the car,
Plus I’ve now seen vids on the holy YouTube on how a reputable source apply ceramic coat and it’s not something I’d trust to my dealer,

I’m not normally sucked into salesman tactics but this time I wanted what he was selling,

Big lesson learned hear, never get a seat dealer to do anything you don’t have to have done,
Paying for something and not even getting it is unforgivable.

I’ve always had Vauxhall’s before and my local dealers are the best, I still use them for everything our other car needs an I’ve never been able to fault them.
Ordered 29/7, lava blue X lux 2.0TDI 150ps DSG 4Drive, b/w39.

vectra

Post by vectra » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:27 am

elevenses wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 am
I was in the motor trade for over 35 years, latterly as a buyer for Mercedes Benz.

As I said....your cash, your call, you know best...
Well, If you were in the motor trade for 35 years you should certainly know there is a huge difference between a brush and bucket valeter and a professional detailer.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”