It’s very quiet - Coranavirus?

The place to discuss everything else..
Fred99

It’s very quiet - Coranavirus?

Post by Fred99 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:18 pm

It has gone very quiet on this forum. I am assuming this is because of Coronavirus and the lockdown. Is that true? I suppose your car is the least of your worries unless you are an essential worker.

Here in Spain we are in a complete lockdown. I haven’t left the house for 3 weeks and my Ateca is now in my garage with a dust cover! On the very rare occasions that we need transport, my wife uses her VW Up. Any car on the road is likely to be stopped by the police or the army and asked to explain what they are doing out of their house. Shopping and medical reasons are acceptable.

We live near the main coastal motorway and can see it in the distance. You can wait 10 minutes before you see a vehicle and 90% of the traffic is commercial.

At least the infection rate seems to be dropping at last, but I think it could be a couple of months before anything gets even slightly normal.

Any thoughts or comments?
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Paul.Cambs

Re: It’s very quiet - Coranavirus?

Post by Paul.Cambs » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:29 am

I would think you are correct.

Where I am in UK the roads are a lot quieter but there is still more traffic than you have.
As I am not working I tend to only go out once a week but this is now every two weeks, but no issues with getting most shopping now things have settled down.

I did see a 19 (2019) plate Ateca in Samoa orange in my village yesterday - I thought Samoa had been dropped so was nice to see another one

Thoughts with everyone, whereever they are in the world, whilst this virus runs it's course, and fingers crossed we are now heading to a slowdown in numbers - just the final (hopefully) crest to endure
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Jettabout

Post by Jettabout » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:31 am

Hi Fred, we here in Scotland are advised to stay at home especially if you're at risk from the virus. One would have thought more people would be posting but then if you're not driving you've nothing to report, tomorrow is going to be a warm day for us so I might put some polish on the ATECA.

Cheers and keep well.

Dave.
Dave.
2019 Ateca SE Tech 2.0ltr Tdi, Rodium grey, now with spare wheel, mudflaps, boot liner but still loving it...

vectra

Post by vectra » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:35 am

All quiet here in Ireland as well,
Government is reviewing the lockdown situation during next week and may extend it for another month.!
Went to town yesterday and often saw it busier on a Christmas day.
I could have parked anywhere, where normally I would be lucky to find a space.
Gave the Ateca a wash and a wax with Soft99 Kiwami to keep the boredom off,
Waiting on replacement rear bulbs now, ( Indicator and reverse to LED )
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

KerryB

Post by KerryB » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:55 pm

Very quiet here in Northern Ireland. Mind you, where I live, it's pretty quiet anyway...
Lava Blue Ateca 2.0 Tdi (150) Excellence Lux DSG 4Drive, ordered 20th July 2019 (week 29) with an estimated 4 month delivery date. Update: Built Week 40; estimated ready for collection from dealer by 18/10 (week 42), i.e. 12 weeks from ordering.

MaDintheCotswolds

Post by MaDintheCotswolds » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:08 pm

Good afternoon peoples

Hope your all well and keeping your distance !!
Strangely eerie here in West Oxfordshire ....... I'm lucky I suppose, looked upon as a key worker so still going to work !!
Anyway, I'm trying to make my mind up ........... go out and clean my wheels or cut the grass !! .............. What do you think ?
You all take care

Mike
1.4 Xcellence auto in Bila White / E,D,seat / E,Tailgate with V/P / Heated Screen.
P/ Assist :lol: / Top View Camera / Seat Sound inc S,S spare wheel

vectra

Post by vectra » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:41 pm

MaDintheCotswolds wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:08 pm
Good afternoon peoples

Hope your all well and keeping your distance !!
Strangely eerie here in West Oxfordshire ....... I'm lucky I suppose, looked upon as a key worker so still going to work !!
Anyway, I'm trying to make my mind up ........... go out and clean my wheels or cut the grass !! .............. What do you think ?
You all take care

Mike
So, Are we going to see photos of clean wheels? :lol: :lol:
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

MaDintheCotswolds

Post by MaDintheCotswolds » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:11 pm

I'm not that vain !! ........... but i've got stripes as well !!!!

You all take care and have a safe week

Mike
1.4 Xcellence auto in Bila White / E,D,seat / E,Tailgate with V/P / Heated Screen.
P/ Assist :lol: / Top View Camera / Seat Sound inc S,S spare wheel

Twed701

Post by Twed701 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Forums and facebook pages are quiet. People are either busy washing their cars or doing housework that they told their partner they'd do when they had time! :lol: