Lockdown Cleaning

All Seat Ateca related discussions
funkyirishman

Lockdown Cleaning

Post by funkyirishman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:23 am

Ok

So a lot of shops closed in Ireland and people out cleaning their cars and cutting the grass as there is SOD all else to do.

So thought I would take the time to clean the car. Possible buy a good power washer and anything else that I can use before some constipated pigeon marks it again as car getting used daily. Give the Young kids also something to help with

So anyone got any products, tips, powerwashers I can buy etc that will help ease the boredom but give us a clean car. Taking note no hardware stores etc open over here. May change over the weekend

Cheers
ATECA S TDI ECOMOTIVE 1.6

PSC21

Re: Lockdown Cleaning

Post by PSC21 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi, I`ve only ever had Karcher pressure washers and have found them fine. TBH when i wash our cars I rinse with the hose , then with the two bucket system wash the car with autoglym or Megulars and a lambswool mitt then rinsing again. Dry with large Microfibre towels. Can`t remember the make but they were recommended by Autoexpress. All this stuff would be off Ebay or Amazon. My car had Builhamber wax applied as soon as I collected it and then Autoglym gloss sealer over that . I`m not a car detailer but do like a really good finish. Hope that helps.
FRS Velvet Red. Collected 17/1/20 Replacing 2018 Tiguan SEL Bitdi 4motion DSG , Replaced 2017 Leon Cupra.

vectra

Post by vectra » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Fellow Irish member here,
I heard a story that Irish Water are advising people to not wash their cars, not sure how true that is and to be honest I don't care. LOL

What sort of budget have you in mind for a pressure washer?
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:22 pm

A power wash isn’t really needed and I certainly wouldn’t buy one specially. The double bucket and microfibre mitt is all I use although I do have a power wash. I think some people use them with foam but my car never gets really dirty.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

funkyirishman

Post by funkyirishman » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:42 pm

Cheers for the replies

The car is doing a lot of mileage as Miss Funkyirishwoman still working and gets full of bugs and crap and muc

I don't have a budget as such but maybe something that can be used for other cleaning i.e. path etc

Can use the water and bucket method but don't even have a bucket and don't have a sponge so starting with a blank canvas

vectra

Post by vectra » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:52 pm

I would disagree with Fred99 on not needing a power washer, you need to live in Ireland for a while I am afraid.
I have had a few washers over the years and all did fine but eventually died.
I broke out last year and went for a Kranzle, absolutely the best choice ever.

As for your initial query. How deep into detailing do you want to get?
do you want a basic wash and go with a bit of wax?

Or
do you want to go to pains and enjoy a day or two getting it perfect?
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

funkyirishman

Post by funkyirishman » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:34 am

vectra wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:52 pm
I would disagree with Fred99 on not needing a power washer, you need to live in Ireland for a while I am afraid.
I have had a few washers over the years and all did fine but eventually died.
I broke out last year and went for a Kranzle, absolutely the best choice ever.

As for your initial query. How deep into detailing do you want to get?
do you want a basic wash and go with a bit of wax?

Or
do you want to go to pains and enjoy a day or two getting it perfect?
Well BH over here the weekend and still a 2k travelling zone in place so not much else to do :| I would try the basic wash initially as I am sure as soon as I do it like Murphy's Law it will bucket down rain as it does in Ireland during the summer

Dont want to spend to much time on it something young kids can help ......and get them away from TV but not something as for them to key it or something similar :lol:

funkyirishman

Post by funkyirishman » Thu May 07, 2020 9:09 am

Thanks for the replies

Managed to source a Karcher pressure washers Online as stores not open here until the 18th May and there will be chaos

After wash whats best wipe it down with is it the old Magic Sponge that I remember from my football days :-)