Something fell into seatbelt slot - how to retrieve?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
engeler

Something fell into seatbelt slot - how to retrieve?

Post by engeler » Wed May 06, 2020 11:00 am

Murphy's law struck again. In the process of removing a SD card from the glove box, I dorpped it and it flew into the slot where the passenger seatbelt goes into the floor between the front and back doors. I would like to retrieve it, but I'm unsure how to remove the plastic that surrounds the slot.

I've searched for a tutorial, but I'm not sure of the correct terminology and haven't found anything. Can I do this without tools?

Cheers in advance.

vectra

Re: Something fell into seatbelt slot - how to retrieve?

Post by vectra » Wed May 06, 2020 11:42 am

Can you see it in there?
Maybe some double sided tape on a blade and try to retrieve it that way?
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

elevenses

Post by elevenses » Wed May 06, 2020 12:43 pm

Vacuum it.
2016 2.0TDi Xcellence 4drive 190 in metallic White with lots of toys...

engeler

Post by engeler » Wed May 06, 2020 6:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. from the sound it made, I think the card fell pretty far inside. Can't see it; tried the tape thing with no success. I found a video showing how to replace a seatbelt on a VW - it looks like the plastic trim will come off with pressure, starting with the lower column, then the horizontal trim. I'll get a trim removal tool, then try my luck.

At first I thought it was just the sd card with the music, which is no big deal, but in fact it's the navi sd card, so it's imperative to get it out.