2017 Ateca passenger door mirror fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Tickertyboo900

2017 Ateca passenger door mirror fault

Post by Tickertyboo900 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm

My passenger door mirror has over folded due to faulty electronics.When the mirror closes (when car is parked) the mirror should stop when parallel with door and the electronics senses the rise in motor current ?.I am looking for mirror internal parts numbers or repair spec.A new mirror is £350 +
Any help is gratefully received
Thanks

Golfmk56

Re: 2017 Ateca passenger door mirror fault

Post by Golfmk56 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:43 am

I assume the car is no longer under warranty then?

You say due to faulty electronics. How do you know? The car works 100% for 3yr and all of a sudden faulty electronics makes the door mirror over-fold? Never heard anything like that on SEAT, SKODA or VW forums therefore suspect 'faulty electronics' may not be the cause.

I haven't a clue how it works but sounds like something mechanical to me. If it's not covered by warranty, I'd be removing the mirror myself and see if I can see anything untoward before splashing out on a new mirror. Is that the only problem? There's do damage to the mirror housing or the glass?

Acamex

Re: 2017 Ateca passenger door mirror fault

Post by Acamex » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:02 pm

I would suspect that its more of a mechanical issue rather than electrical, sounds like its jumped a cog or 2. Definitely worth a look before buying a new one. You will need to remove door card and then undo one bolt to remove mirror