Sound system

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Fred99

Re: Sound system

Post by Fred99 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Very interesting. I use Apple Music all the time in the home and in the car. How do you find out which tracks are streamed in the remastered format?
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to see this in Apple Music :( The only way I know is to open the corresponding album on a computer in the "iTunes Store" (the one where you purchase the album for yourself, in contrast to Apple Music which is the streaming service; i.e. on my iTunes application that's the "Store" button) and look for the blue label "Mastered for iTunes":

I remember once I opened a link on the Internet that in turned opened a list of all "Mastered for iTunes" in the iTunes application on my computer.
SEAT Ateca XCellence 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI DSG (Samoa Orange, 18" Machined, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, BSD + RCTA, ACC, Top View, Park Assist, Full Link) Ordered Oct 2, Built Nov 15, Delivered Dec 22 '17

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks for that. I will have a look at some of my albums. What I like about Apple Music is that effectively converts your own collection of badly ripped content to the highest possible quality!
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:16 am

Would it be possible to wire an amp in via the speaker wires? Would it make a noticeable difference?
XCELLENCE 2.0 TDI 4Drive 150 Manual
Reflex Silver, Spare Wheel, SEAT Sound, Virtual Pedal, ACC
Delivered July 2017

Tango17

Post by Tango17 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Yes, but you need to either use a line-out converter (LOC) or use an amplifier with high-level inputs.
I dont think the standard speakers could handle much power so if you add an amp it’s best to upgrade the speakers too.
2017 1.4 Tsi SE in Samoa Orange

cmsdrums

Post by cmsdrums » Fri May 18, 2018 10:20 am

I've just picked up my new Ateca, and as a musician had the SEAT Sound pack added as an option. I must say I'm a bit disappointed - the bigger centre speaker on the dash seems to sum left and right audio channels into what is effectively a mono mix, and the graphic equalizer only being 5 bands really doesn't give me enough control to bring rock and pop tracks to 'life' and still leaves them feeling 'boxy' with too much mid. The speakers don't sound anything special either.

I've not moved from anything fancy - just a Pioneer SPH-DA120 CarPlay unit in a Citroen Berlingo with factory fitted speakers, but the fact that head-unit has a great EQ option (10 frequencies I think) I can really customize it and bring some sparkle and punch to my music. It also has several EQ presets accessible at the touch of a button and the option to save two custom ones.

The SEAT media centre could at the least do with more EQ options, and the option to presave different EQ settings for different sources (eg one for USB, one for radio etc..)- especially when the people ordering the Sound pack are likely to be discerning listeners.
SE Technology 1.6 TDI with winter pack, sound pack and space saving spare wheel, reversing camera and velvet red metallic paint. Ordered 6 March 2018, build week 15 (mid April 2018), being collected 16 May 2018 (week 20).

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”