Annoying rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
MBM

Re: Annoying rattle

Post by MBM » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Well in my opinion there are two side of these issues.
The rattle when driving. These has to fixed by the dealer.
But the rattle when pushing the stereo to its max with deep bass music. This is quite normal in most cars and nothing you can expect the dealer to fix.
BUT I am considering to have my car dampened by a special car sound shop.
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:24 pm

The fact that a brand new car rattles when driving really drives me nuts. I am still waiting for them to receive the replacement door handle mechanism and call me for replacement under warranty but TBH I am not sure that's the real problem. Let's hope it is.
SEAT Ateca XCellence 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI DSG (Samoa Orange, 18" Machined, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, BSD + RCTA, ACC, Top View, Park Assist, Full Link) Ordered Oct 2, Built Nov 15, Delivered Dec 22 '17

MBM

Post by MBM » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:40 pm

I'm in for fixing the rattle in door next week
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

Howie669

Post by Howie669 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:08 pm

MBM wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:51 pm
Well in my opinion there are two side of these issues.
The rattle when driving. These has to fixed by the dealer.
But the rattle when pushing the stereo to its max with deep bass music. This is quite normal in most cars and nothing you can expect the dealer to fix.
BUT I am considering to have my car dampened by a special car sound shop.
Agreed - and when i was younger and replacing sound systems and adding amps and woofers then yes i would expect it until i added sound deadening but as it's only that one door that rattles with the bass and not the others then if the others can take it so should that door so there must be a rattle in there - it doesn't have to be high volume for my passenger door to do it just certain bass tones. When i get a free hr i'll take a look but with having an 18 month old i 1. don't get to turn the music up much and 2. have much time for fixing :lol:
2017 SE Tech
Magic Black

Return to “Faults & Technical”