Annoying rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
CyberGene

Re: Annoying rattle

Post by CyberGene » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:09 pm

I have door handle rattles on mine. Even a slight pull stops it, so I looked at it and noticed there's a small rubber bumper on which the handle should rest but I guess it's not high enough. I am thinking of sticking a small patch on top of that rubber bumper, like 1mm to solve it. Haven't yet tried though.
SEAT Ateca XCellence 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI DSG (Samoa Orange, 18" Machined, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, BSD + RCTA, ACC, Top View, Park Assist, Full Link) Ordered Oct 2, Built Nov 15, Delivered Dec 22 '17

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:32 pm

I've been at SEAT today regarding the door handle rattling and they told me that's a relatively common problem and so they fixed it for about an hour. It required removing the door panels, etc. not sure what exactly is the solution but I can confirm the Ateca is finally dead silent inside! And I am a happy owner :)
SEAT Ateca XCellence 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI DSG (Samoa Orange, 18" Machined, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, BSD + RCTA, ACC, Top View, Park Assist, Full Link) Ordered Oct 2, Built Nov 15, Delivered Dec 22 '17

MBM

Post by MBM » Fri May 11, 2018 6:28 pm

Had a rattle seem coming from the right front ventilation.... But of course it is difficult to locate exactly..
Not sure if I contact the dealer yet.
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Fri May 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Just a follow-up. I rushed to praise how the dealers fixed the rattle by taking apart the whole door panel which was a bit strange in the first place sine the rattle was in the door handle which I told them. Alas, the door handle rattle is still there. I booked another visit. Basically, it rattles over rough surfaces and the slightest pull of the door handle fixes it. I thought of putting a slight rubber patch to fix it but hey, that's a brand new car, so why not leave it to dealers. Not sure it was worth it but anyway, let's see if they will manage to fix it in any other way after a second visit after which I will go with my ten cents fix :D

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Tue May 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Another update. Went in for another inspection today for the inside drivers door handle rattle. They will replace the entire handle assembly with the Bowden cables, etc. They've ordered the parts and will let me know once ready for replacement.

MBM

Post by MBM » Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am

I have located the rattle to be inside the passagers door (right side).
It stops if I press my hand on the doorhandle or just above it.

Noticed another rattle now. It comes from underneath the console where the handbrake is..

It really starts to get to me and destroy the good feeling of drivning a brand new car..
I have never experienced this on my other new cars I have bought through the years and they have been a lot cheaper.

Really was looking forward to getting my first "premium" car
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

JAS

Post by JAS » Sun May 27, 2018 1:51 am

Hello I am new to the forum, and I have a new Ateca 1.4, DSG, and since day 1, we had a rattle, I traced down to the central rearview mirror, like something broken inside, took it to the dealer and fixed, just hit with the hand the mirror, if sounds, it is the mirror, sometimes the notice runs thought and made us believe it is somewhere else.
JAS, One Day at a Time.........

MBM

Post by MBM » Mon May 28, 2018 9:05 pm

I am considering having all 4 doors sound damped to get rid of the rattle when playing loud music.
Has anyone have this done. If so what is your experience?
Denmark.

MBM

Post by MBM » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:15 pm

Doesn't it bother anyone else that when listening to loud music with bass the doors rattle?
Denmark.

Howie669

Post by Howie669 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:29 pm

MBM wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:15 pm
Doesn't it bother anyone else that when listening to loud music with bass the doors rattle?
YES - I had mine in as the passenger door rattles with the bass - the first time it was in "they couldn't hear it" - despite me having the media set up on a track to play that highlighted the rattle and telling them to do that - after they returned the car and called me he said "we turned the radio right up and there was no rattle" :roll:

2nd time it went in i demonstrated it and they looked at me as if to say "well what do you want to listen to music like that for" - nice.
Anyway it came back and they said the only thing they did was tighten a few screws but nothing was really loose and then followed up with the best comment ever..... "it's not really designed for music to be listened to like that"!

I gave up - when i get round to it i'll take the card off myself
2017 SE Tech
Magic Black

Return to “Faults & Technical”