Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
atecan said:
RA13 said:
As I said atecan I haven't tried it myself but I thought it might help others. I thought it might be too good to be true but I'm hearing that it has helped with a few so I'm happy with that &#x1f44d-1f3fb;.

Anything is better than multiple trips to the dealership with a problematic car.
Appreciated of sharing the video, RA13. Purpose of my last post was to say that behaviour of my car seems a little different from the original. Not exactly sure if they are the same cause of the underlying problem though.
Yeah I suppose there might be different reasons for the same SOS Fault and that's why VW are struggling to find a long term solution but fingers crossed they do come up with a permanent fix for it before they lose a lot more customers and car sales.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This fault has occurred multiple times to me since this thread appeared and the possible "quick fix" found by RA13 has worked every time. I have just seen the alternate push twice thing and will try that too at some point. Curiously the fault has occurred at the same physical place 3 times times now too, but I pass that point every trip, so it may be a coincidence.
Anyway car returned to dealer, who called next day to say they had been on to SEAT and it is the subject of a technical bulletin which details "the exact symptoms you describe" their words. ..... but.... no fix yet, however it is a software problem and a new release of software to deal with it is due in the next couple of months. So the "quick fix" is proving useful pending that!! (The dealer said they received a call from another customer with the same issue minutes after contacting SEAT about mine..... though I do wonder if it is a software problem why it doesn't affect everyone .....)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Routemaster said:
This fault has occurred multiple times to me since this thread appeared and the possible "quick fix" found by RA13 has worked every time. I have just seen the alternate push twice thing and will try that too at some point. Curiously the fault has occurred at the same physical place 3 times times now too, but I pass that point every trip, so it may be a coincidence.
Anyway car returned to dealer, who called next day to say they had been on to SEAT and it is the subject of a technical bulletin which details "the exact symptoms you describe" their words. ..... but.... no fix yet, however it is a software problem and a new release of software to deal with it is due in the next couple of months. So the "quick fix" is proving useful pending that!! (The dealer said they received a call from another customer with the same issue minutes after contacting SEAT about mine..... though I do wonder if it is a software problem why it doesn't affect everyone .....)
I'm pleased to hear that this solution is actually working and helping some people out but on the other hand there seems to be more and more people having this fault and with a range of different symptoms etc.
Your issues are also a bit strange and your at the stage when you'll know exactly where and when yours will show up but with that, surely yours is GPS related more than some other hardware fault but I'm only guessing of course.
I've had my Fr Sport about a month now with around 700 miles on the clock and so far so good but as you say surely it would happen to every car running the same software number/update....
It will be interesting to see if yours can get sorted and to find out what caused your issues but hopefully yours is fixed asap &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for sharing - car been back 4 times, SOS, Satnav, User disconnecting. Totally appalling software wrecks a good car - if I could I would give them the car back and go get something that works!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
mayner said:
Thanks for sharing - car been back 4 times, SOS, Satnav, User disconnecting. Totally appalling software wrecks a good car - if I could I would give them the car back and go get something that works!
Sorry to hear that. Did you try the thing that I shared? If so did it make any difference?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the Video RA13. Very useful info. I have this error on my car but I always ignored it and it used to disappear the next day. But will try this next time when I have this error.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
DELLFAN said:
Thanks for the Video RA13. Very useful info. I have this error on my car but I always ignored it and it used to disappear the next day. But will try this next time when I have this error.
Not another one!! That's rubbish mate. Hopefully it's a bit of a help for you but so many cars have been affected by this error and it's now beyond a joke. I don't have it, yet but I'm expecting it and it's taking the shine off that new car feeling. Have Seat tried anything to fix yours?

·
Registered
119 Posts
RA13 said:
DELLFAN said:
Not another one!! That's rubbish mate. Hopefully it's a bit of a help for you but so many cars have been affected by this error and it's now beyond a joke. I don't have it, yet but I'm expecting it and it's taking the shine off that new car feeling. Have Seat tried anything to fix yours?
No like I said I ignored the error and it used to disappear next day. They are replacing my car anyway so didn't bother about reporting as my local seat dealer is bloody nightmare to deal with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just joined the SOS warning system, having had the display activate at 70 mph on the motorway!
Using my SEAT Connect app, the warning suggests that a door is open, although NOT the case, as all the doors, tailgate and bonnet are definitely locked or closed if I approach the car without my key.
Because of the fault, I am unable to use the infotainment system, and it will not allow my user profile to load, either.
I've spoken with my friendly local dealer, Holders of Congresbury, (near Weston super Mare). The service department tell me that they have about 3 other Ateca owners reporting a similar problem, but, importantly, SEAT are aware, and say they are working on a software fix update. Nothing on timing however.
I've looked at the video referred to in an earlier post on this subject, and will give it a try.
At least the car is still capable of being driven, and none of the faults apparent are dangerous, fortunately.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi Tim, hopefully this quick fix works for you because it has worked for others.
As for the Seat Connect App, the other night I checked my app because I heard some noises outside around 1:30am and it said my car was unlocked and both the front windows were open...
After I was outside acting like John Rambo..lol.. it turned out to be a false alarm or more like false information from the app but the app stayed like that and it wouldn't update but everything seems to be back to normal for some reason....maybe the app isn't as good as I had hoped lol but I didn't have any messages or warnings from my car the next day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What a difference a day makes!
After my last post, having garaged the car overnight, all locked up, on opening it yesterday afternoon, everything was working as it should. The radio was accessible again, as were all the other functions.
The orange triangle and warning message have disappeared, replaced with the usual red triangle, which extinguishes seconds after the ignition is switched on, and the engine is fired up.
Checking my SEAT Connect app this morning, this has fully updated, and shows all systems to be set as they should be.
I did not attempt the reset shown in the video, (lack of time), and will leave well alone while everything is back to normal.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Glad to hear that mate. Well hopefully it's just been a glitch and somehow it's sorted itself out. &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just a quick update.... the suggested easier "quick fix" by Segar when the SOS warning error pops up "Just push the SOS button (above your head) twice briefly" does indeed work... I've now used this get out at least 7 times. About 2 minutes after you do this infotainment will state an SOS call is about to be initiated, push the "cancel" button and all the warning lights are gone and everything continues to work properly with none of the cascade of othe failures.

I'm still getting niggly refusals to connect to Android Auto, or disconnections from it, but I think that is unrelated to the SOS thing. When the dealer had the car for a day no idea what they did, but the car no longer shows how many phones are connected to it, which it used to in red by the "head" icon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Routemaster said:
Just a quick update.... the suggested easier "quick fix" by Segar when the SOS warning error pops up "Just push the SOS button (above your head) twice briefly" does indeed work... I've now used this get out at least 7 times. About 2 minutes after you do this infotainment will state an SOS call is about to be initiated, push the "cancel" button and all the warning lights are gone and everything continues to work properly with none of the cascade of othe failures.

I'm still getting niggly refusals to connect to Android Auto, or disconnections from it, but I think that is unrelated to the SOS thing. When the dealer had the car for a day no idea what they did, but the car no longer shows how many phones are connected to it, which it used to in red by the "head" icon.
thanks! I have more or less started ignoring these errors for now and just follow the process I mentioned earlier. Hopefully once a proper software (/hardware??) fix is deployed then news of this should start tricking down the various VAG forums. Its astonishing how widespread this is now..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Routemaster said:

It's a shame you've had these issues but I'm glad it's working.
The dealership must have done some sort of update I'm guessing but it's still a bit worrying that they still don't have a proper solution for the sos fault. My car has now done just over 1000 miles and everything seems fine but I'm constantly expecting it to wrong since so many cars have been affected. Push the start button and then look to the roof to see what colour is showing, has become pretty much a routine now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sagar.basutkar said:
thanks! I have more or less started ignoring these errors for now and just follow the process I mentioned earlier. Hopefully once a proper software (/hardware??) fix is deployed then news of this should start tricking down the various VAG forums. Its astonishing how widespread this is now..
Sagar thanks for your very valuable input to this thread, it has reduced a major headache to a minor irritation!! Like you, iI just await the solution to be cascaded. Apologies for misspelling your name in my last post!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was encountered the same SOS warning last Wed. I was driving in a A road on the way to visit my friend. Unlike my first few encounters of the warning (simply ignore it and it gone after next ignition), this time was more serious. It was like 10-15 mins after the warning appeared, my Waze (through Carplay) was going crazy, which started didn't recognised where I was; keep switching from different locations and instructing me to go to different roads. However, neither the roads it showed were not where I was currently driving. I had to pull over, I tried switching the ignition off and on but still the location showing in Waze was still incorrect. I had to do the trick (pressing the SOS button until it showed the SOS call dialogue and then tap Cancel) before everything became normal again. It was pretty scary at that time because I was relying on the Sat Nav for my destination, but luckily the trick worked. I am wondering how this warning could affect the GPS of my phone, or Carplay is not using GPS of my phone?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Glad it worked for you also but this was the exact reason I decided to start this post, with people who really rely on their built in sat nav and without it, they could basically be stuck for ages depending on their location and time etc etc.

As for the answer to why your phone app went crazy, I suppose that's a part of the big question VW are desperate to solve.

Hopefully you'll get your car sorted asap &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
17 Posts
Done some searching, the changing back and forth of different locations in Waze was because my phone is using the GPS signal supplied by the car overriding my phone's internal GPS positioning information. So, it makes some sense that while the SOS warning happens (i.e. the software encounters the problem), the GPS module in the car might be affected.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
atecan said:
Done some searching, the changing back and forth of different locations in Waze was because my phone is using the GPS signal supplied by the car overriding my phone's internal GPS positioning information. So, it makes some sense that while the SOS warning happens (i.e. the software encounters the problem), the GPS module in the car might be affected.
Well you would like to think that VW are trying their best for a resolution and using different methods as well as changing parts or software. I'm going to be using my cars sat nav tomorrow for the first time as I have a 600 mile round trip so fingers crossed all goes well with mine.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts