Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
RA13 said:
Well you would like to think that VW are trying their best for a resolution and using different methods as well as changing parts or software. I'm going to be using my cars sat nav tomorrow for the first time as I have a 600 mile round trip so fingers crossed all goes well with mine.
Wish you have a smooth and enjoyable trip!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
atecan said:
RA13 said:
Well you would like to think that VW are trying their best for a resolution and using different methods as well as changing parts or software. I'm going to be using my cars sat nav tomorrow for the first time as I have a 600 mile round trip so fingers crossed all goes well with mine.
Wish you have a smooth and enjoyable trip!
Thanks mate &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

·
Registered
6 Posts
I carried out a software update this afternoon.
As a result, I hope it will stop the SOS warning.
Following my last post, the warning popped up again, but then disappeared after switching off when I got home, leaving the car overnight.
The software up date simply referred to system and minor faults.
Time will tell!

·
Registered
23 Posts
atecan said:
Was encountered the same SOS warning last Wed. I was driving in a A road on the way to visit my friend. Unlike my first few encounters of the warning (simply ignore it and it gone after next ignition), this time was more serious. It was like 10-15 mins after the warning appeared, my Waze (through Carplay) was going crazy, which started didn't recognised where I was; keep switching from different locations and instructing me to go to different roads. However, neither the roads it showed were not where I was currently driving. I had to pull over, I tried switching the ignition off and on but still the location showing in Waze was still incorrect. I had to do the trick (pressing the SOS button until it showed the SOS call dialogue and then tap Cancel) before everything became normal again. It was pretty scary at that time because I was relying on the Sat Nav for my destination, but luckily the trick worked. I am wondering how this warning could affect the GPS of my phone, or Carplay is not using GPS of my phone?
Atecan, exactly as mine did, until the pushing the SOS button quick fix was found by good members here!! My phone GPS remained wonky for another couple of minutes after disconnecting it from the car and running it on my lap until it reset its self!!

Meanwhile my car notified me it was doing an update today, of it's own accord, which it always refuses to do "when driving" but I was in a traffic jam ..... it did then stop as the traffic moved, but I wasn't risking it abandoning it, as it did last time, I pulled into a side street and it resumed and then said it was complete..... fingers crossed it actually is an update to fix this issue!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well fingers crossed for you Routemaster. Hopefully VW have made some progress with some sort of software update. Dread to think just how many cars have had the SOS fault and how many cars have been returned or rejected....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi I everyone . I picked up my ateca 4 days ago and yes you guessed it so’s warning light in first day accept the trick with the sos button does not work for me and the warning light stays there on every start up. I spoke to seat south end and have to wait 2 months for a courtesy car( not good ) I did how ever scan with obd eleven and even tried to clear the code with no luck it’s a active fault. I don’t feel that good about changing to seat now , it has definitely took the new car feeling away.
Communication Device Gadget Font Portable communications device Screenshot

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Sorry to hear that mate and it’s rubbish that this quick fix isn’t a fix at all for you. Your not the first person to get the warning straight from collecting their new car or like the following day. It’s obvious that VW don’t have a solution for this yet even after all this time and with orders for cars taking 6-9 months plus, I’m guessing they will be more interested in just getting some new cars out instead of fixing all the problems and recalls. Every time I start my car it has become the norm to look up to the roof to see what colour is showing and I’ve done this since the day I picked it up so I know how your feeling about taking the shine and enjoyment away from that new car feeling. I really hope you get somewhere with yours but it looks like it won’t be anytime soon but I’m hoping I’m wrong 🤞🏼

·
Registered
17 Posts
Atecan, exactly as mine did, until the pushing the SOS button quick fix was found by good members here!! My phone GPS remained wonky for another couple of minutes after disconnecting it from the car and running it on my lap until it reset its self!!

Meanwhile my car notified me it was doing an update today, of it's own accord, which it always refuses to do "when driving" but I was in a traffic jam ..... it did then stop as the traffic moved, but I wasn't risking it abandoning it, as it did last time, I pulled into a side street and it resumed and then said it was complete..... fingers crossed it actually is an update to fix this issue!!
Sorry to hear that you'd the same problem as mine, and the trick works in your case (since it wasn't 100% workable to all) in the middle of a trip. As RA13 said, hope VW can find a permanent solution for this so that all of us could enjoy the ride without paying attention to the colour of the SOS light.

By the way, I didn't have the same warning since my last post, which was around a month ago. Not sure if a fix has been deployed wirelessly, or just my luck. Hope you and those having the same problem have the same luck. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Sorry to hear that you'd the same problem as mine, and the trick works in your case (since it wasn't 100% workable to all) in the middle of a trip. As RA13 said, hope VW can find a permanent solution for this so that all of us could enjoy the ride without paying attention to the colour of the SOS light.

By the way, I didn't have the same warning since my last post, which was around a month ago. Not sure if a fix has been deployed wirelessly, or just my luck. Hope you and those having the same problem have the same luck. Fingers crossed.
I’m sick of looking up to see the colour and it really has took the shine off of that new car feeling for me. So far I have loved owning my FRS and I really want it to stay like this as it’s a great car.
As with most forums, there are far more negative posts along with the problem posts than positive ones and ones actually praising the car which is a shame but I would like to think if this SOS issue does get finally sorted then there might be a lot more positive posts since it is such a good car....or am I just going over the top with wishful thinking?😂

At least you got a month out of the “quick fix” but you shouldn’t have to be finding a quick fix for your new car. As with the updates, I have had 2 or 3 wireless updates for mine and they have only taken a few minutes to do,but only if you are parked or have pulled over as it won’t do it while you’re driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m sick of looking up to see the colour and it really has took the shine off of that new car feeling for me. So far I have loved owning my FRS and I really want it to stay like this as it’s a great car.
As with most forums, there are far more negative posts along with the problem posts than positive ones and ones actually praising the car which is a shame but I would like to think if this SOS issue does get finally sorted then there might be a lot more positive posts since it is such a good car....or am I just going over the top with wishful thinking?😂

At least you got a month out of the “quick fix” but you shouldn’t have to be finding a quick fix for your new car. As with the updates, I have had 2 or 3 wireless updates for mine and they have only taken a few minutes to do,but only if you are parked or have pulled over as it won’t do it while you’re driving.
People are posting problem(s) for help normally, instead of opening new topics for praising how great of their cars. So, most of the information we could see are negative, which is "normal" to me. In fact, I was going through the topics here in this forum before deciding the purchase of my Ateca, since I want to know the common problems of it and its reliability. I am not objecting any one, including you, to say how good the Ateca is :LOL:.

I like my Ateca as well; like its drive, firmness, control, technologies (but not the SOS obviously), etc.

I was prompted for software updates twice since I owned my Ateca. I was starting to drive during the last update available, and I disallowed it to perform the update since I was worrying if it has any problem after the update, I couldn't drive. Strangely, I couldn't find the update (by going to the corresponding Setting screen in the infotainment system) after my drive. I don't know if it has been updated or my action of disallowing it to update had made it skipped. Anyway, if it doesn't break, don't fix, and wait for the next update.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agree overall this is a nice car .... but these glitches are niow becoming more than a pest.
Mine has done two software updates successfully now, but these did not resolve the SOS fault which has now taken to appearing on every trip and the car's own Sat Nav has now stopped working totally :rolleyes::rolleyes:!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Agree overall this is a nice car .... but these glitches are niow becoming more than a pest.
Mine has done two software updates successfully now, but these did not resolve the SOS fault which has now taken to appearing on every trip and the car's own Sat Nav has now stopped working totally :rolleyes::rolleyes:!!
Unfortunately for you, this is now a constant issue instead of an intermittent issue and losing the Sat Nav is bad especially for those you need it and rely on it. I have also had 2 or maybe even 3 wireless updates in the last 2 months and they were very quick and easy but my car doesn’t have the issue (yet!). Are Seat dealing with it now or are they just fobbing you off?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unfortunately for you, this is now a constant issue instead of an intermittent issue and losing the Sat Nav is bad especially for those you need it and rely on it. I have also had 2 or maybe even 3 wireless updates in the last 2 months and they were very quick and easy but my car doesn’t have the issue (yet!). Are Seat dealing with it now or are they just fobbing you off?
Time to chase them I think!!
Maps from a phone still works, despite the car's own sat nav not working, though it disconnects when the work around for SOS fault is used, Apple play will reconnect with a couple of clicks a couple of minutes after that, but Android is very fiddly to reconnect and doen't remember the route it was guiding and pretty much impossible to reset on a fast road.
I'm not convinced this is all one software fault there may be multiple faults at play and am wondering about this "faulty antenna module" someone mentioned in the past!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Time to chase them I think!!
Maps from a phone still works, despite the car's own sat nav not working, though it disconnects when the work around for SOS fault is used, Apple play will reconnect with a couple of clicks a couple of minutes after that, but Android is very fiddly to reconnect and doen't remember the route it was guiding and pretty much impossible to reset on a fast road.
I'm not convinced this is all one software fault there may be multiple faults at play and am wondering about this "faulty antenna module" someone mentioned in the past!!
It’s still not a easy fix for say someone older who doesn’t have much knowledge about what to do if the cars own Sat Nav fails and how you can use your phone instead etc my mother in law struggles to send a text! I also think it’s not just the one thing at fault here but I’ve also seen someone upload a screenshot of a fault code showing an issue with a ground connection...! Who knows!...VW certainly don’t. I have also read that some people have had their “faulty antenna module” replaced by the dealership and it still didn’t fix it. It is surely worth a try with your dealership to see what they are saying now and maybe there has been a bit of progress made 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
23 Posts
RA13 indeed, I suspect multiple issues are at play here....and SEAT / VW don't actually know what's causing the problem... or want us to know!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
RA13 indeed, I suspect multiple issues are at play here....and SEAT / VW don't actually know what's causing the problem... or want us to know!
Because they don’t want 80% of their sold vehicles getting drove back to the dealerships while being on fire with very angry Rambo style owners 😂

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a appointment for today for the sos fault but yesterday the dealership rang me to say not to come in as seat is working on a proper software fix and should be ready in a few weeks then they call me up to book me in.
A fob off maybe but the guy sounded genuine and mew quite a bit about the fault. We shall see

41 - 60 of 77 Posts