Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I had a appointment for today for the sos fault but yesterday the dealership rang me to say not to come in as seat is working on a proper software fix and should be ready in a few weeks then they call me up to book me in.
A fob off maybe but the guy sounded genuine and mew quite a bit about the fault. We shall see
Sounds good but whether you see it or not is a different story but here鈥檚 hoping they genuinely do have the solution as it will help so many people 馃馃徏

Reactions: mikeyd1

Registered
Looking forward to hearing some good news 馃

Registered
I chased my dealership on this today, but same as Mikeyd1, SEAT have told them not to do anything until SOS update is released, then to see if other faults are still not resoled. For me SOS now every trip and Sat Nav non functional. Android won't load, but ApplePlay still works, now radio keeps changing volume!! ...Uuugh! lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I chased my dealership on this today, but same as Mikeyd1, SEAT have told them not to do anything until SOS update is released, then to see if other faults are still not resoled. For me SOS now every trip and Sat Nav non functional. Android won't load, but ApplePlay still works, now radio keeps changing volume!! ...Uuugh! lol
With a name like Routemaster, you shouldn鈥檛 need the factory Sat Nav!!!!...sorry I had to 馃槀

I don鈥檛 envy you or the other guys with this almighty pain in the arse but you鈥檝e just to wait until they decide to release it....I鈥檓 sorry but that鈥檚 poor. Did they say how much longer you鈥檒l have to wait before they can look at it or how long until the update? What if you really rely on your car and Sat Nav for work, what are you expected to do when yours isn鈥檛 working on your brand new car and the dealership won鈥檛 touch it? That鈥檚 the sort of thing that would put a lot of people out. Rant over...sorry!馃槀

Registered
Hi guys I have a 2 month old Leon fr 2021 model it has got sos , start stop , heater , auto hold problems also the auto brake likes to do a emergency stop when your doing over 45 mph not safe seat have admitted the problem with the sos and my local dealers are saying the update should be ready Jan 2022 but I am rejecting the car this week and seat are giving all moneys back shame really as otherwise a great car.

Registered
Hi guys I have a 2 month old Leon fr 2021 model it has got sos , start stop , heater , auto hold problems also the auto brake likes to do a emergency stop when your doing over 45 mph not safe seat have admitted the problem with the sos and my local dealers are saying the update should be ready Jan 2022 but I am rejecting the car this week and seat are giving all moneys back shame really as otherwise a great car.
Forgot to say the car has been in dealer probably 5 + times and mostly fobbed off with dealer lies but seat said the Golf , Tiguan and Audi 3 all have same issues so to avoid them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Forgot to say the car has been in dealer probably 5 + times and mostly fobbed off with dealer lies but seat said the Golf , Tiguan and Audi 3 all have same issues so to avoid them.
Ouch!! Seems like Vag are really up against it with all these faults and thousands of people are rejecting and returning them. Shame for you also because of the current situation and how long a new car order takes....

Registered
Had a dealer ship visit today they say my 8 week old car now need stripping down to find the fault , they thinks it鈥檚 gps antenna wires or something like that but need head liner removal and some interior panels strip out, I Rang up where I bought it from and I want to reject under the 30 day rule as I reported the fault 6 miles after I picked it up, absolutely gutted but I don鈥檛 want a car what鈥檚 been stripped and put back together I鈥檝e only driven 600 miles .

Registered
With a name like Routemaster, you shouldn鈥檛 need the factory Sat Nav!!!!...sorry I had to 馃槀
A Routemaster is an old type of London bus! haha!

Sorry to read of more people with such faults. Work provide hire cars/vans for us this time of year, so far I've had a Vaxhaul Crossland and a Corsa and a Citroen van thing all of which have been awful. My defective Ateca is still better!! A colleague had an Arona and reported the infotainment system on it didn't work properly with the screens hung on "loading profile"! We have been there!!
At this stage I still have no progress. As per Mikeyd I am very suspicious that the fault is in the gps system and not software or not just software!

Registered
A Routemaster is an old type of London bus! haha!

Sorry to read of more people with such faults. Work provide hire cars/vans for us this time of year, so far I've had a Vaxhaul Crossland and a Corsa and a Citroen van thing all of which have been awful. My defective Ateca is still better!! A colleague had an Arona and reported the infotainment system on it didn't work properly with the screens hung on "loading profile"! We have been there!!
At this stage I still have no progress. As per Mikeyd I am very suspicious that the fault is in the gps system and not software or not just software!
Hi . My fault sos is constantly on every time I start my car. And I checked on OBDeleven as well and it says lte attena 1 short to ground.

Registered
Seat has accepted my car for a refund, this car is going to be very hard to give back , I鈥檝e already luv this car already.
what makes it worse is that it will take ages for a new ateca to be built , absolutely gutted 馃槥

Registered
Mikeyd1, very interesting. What is OBDeleven? and how did you get that fault report display?
So SEAT have agreed to build you a replacement car?
SEAT phoned me once, knew all about the defect issues, were referring it up to someone more senior, since when I haven't heard anything beyond "We will get back to you holding e-mails"!

Registered
Mikeyd1, very interesting. What is OBDeleven? and how did you get that fault report display?
So SEAT have agreed to build you a replacement car?
SEAT phoned me once, knew all about the defect issues, were referring it up to someone more senior, since when I haven't heard anything beyond "We will get back to you holding e-mails"!
OBDeleven is a device for vag group vehicles which lets you scan for faults and also code your car with different settings, it connects to your obd port in your car and reads out on the display on your phone.

I have now had a full refund on my car. But I kept emailing and calling every few days as seat uk was never getting back to me.

Registered
I鈥檝e been getting the intermittent SOS issue on my 2020 Ateca for several months. My dealer (Citygate) told me it is triggered by 5G mobile signals which somehow confuse the system, and that a software fix is being worked on. He was not able to give any expected date for the fix. He also told me that turning the User privacy setting to maximum privacy prevents the problem occurring, but that also disables the Connect services so I鈥檓 not willing to do that. Whenever I get the SOS warning (and the satnav location issue) I just put up with it and it goes away the next time I use the car.

Registered
Hi Everyone!
I'm new here and I found this thread looking for the solution of the SOS and stuck infotainment. The first time it was SOS with the yellow warning triangle for several hours. And it was the next day the after washing the car on the freezy day (the car was in the carage over the night). Today it happened again together with infotainment stuck on loading user profile. Another issue was engine degraded to 4000 rpm only. This happened during driving in heavy rain. After returning home and one hour break the problems disappeared but a new one occured - start & stop. This one also gone after turning the key off and on again. I think the problem comes from wet penetrating electronics. The car is VW T-Roc 2021 8000 km.

Registered
We purchased a Tiguan after rejecting our Ateca FR due to repeated failed dealer repairs and 3 new SOS systems being installed and it still disabling the entire infotainment system. I can confirm that the SOS error does still appear in the Tiguan when signal is lost but it doesn鈥檛 affect the infotainment system at all. We have now selected the highest privacy setting and it doesn鈥檛 happen at all any more. We never used the App and it鈥檚 features so don鈥檛 miss out really. From what I have read the SOS error is a bigger issue in the Skoda and Seat鈥檚 and considering they are made in the same factory it makes sense that they share the same components. VW and Audi may share the same platform but I don鈥檛 think all of the parts are the same. We really liked the Ateca and the FR spec but in the short time we owned it it was with the dealer fro 70% of it.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts